Skip to main content
Get A Quote

What is Airbnb, VRBO, and Short-term Rented Condo insurance?

Airbnb, VRBO, and Rented Condo insurance is for individuals or companies that rent their condominium units on a short-term basis. These occupancies include vacation rentals, Airbnb, VRBO, and more.This type of policy provides insurance coverage for items such as landlord’s contents, rental income, landlord’s liability, and strata loss assessments!

What does AC&D’s Airbnb, VRBO, and Short-term Condo Rental Insurance Program cover?

AC&D’s Airbnb, VRBO, and Short-term Condo Rental Program includes the following options:

Highlights Include:
  • Broad Form Wordings
  • Coverage for Short Term Rentals including Airbnb, VRBO, Homeaway, and others. 
  • Liability Limits to $2,000,000
  • Contingent Unit Coverage - minimum $25,000 to a maximum $100,000
  • Loss Assessment Coverage - $100,000 limit
  • Rent or Rental Value Coverage - minimum $10,000 to a maximum of $100,000
  • Contents - minimum $15,000 to a maximum $100,000
  • Improvements and Betterments - minimum $10,000 to a maximum $100,000
  • Condominium Deductible Assessment Coverage – minimum $25,000 up to $100,000 (higher limits available separately).
  • Condominium Deductible Assessment for earthquake - $2,500 limit
  • Earthquake Coverage on Contents and Improvements and Betterments

We offer Short Term Rental Insurance for:

  • Stand-alone rentals
  • Condo and secondary or seasonal homes are eligible
  • 100% short-term rental occupancy
  • Airbnb and HomeAway hosts qualify


Why choose AC&D for my Short-Term Rental Property Insurance?

Many brokers and insurance companies treat short-term rental properties as high-risk or undesirable. At AC&D we have experience insuring these types of properties for over 40 years and have developed a program that recognises quality property management and ownership.

Call us for a free no obligation quote or review of your existing insurance or GET A QUOTE ONLINE NOW

Follow the link below to obtain a quote and bind online!

This policy only provides coverage for one single rented condominium unit. If there is more than one unit to insure, you must create a separate application for each unit.
Any known losses, claims, or incidents in the last 5 years?:

Type of Building:

Building Construction Type:

If you are unsure check
Electrical Panel Type:

Plumbing TYpe:

Heating Type:


Do You Have Short-Term Rentals:

Is the premises visited and inspected by the insured or a representative of the insured at least once every 3 months?:

Contents (min $15,000 max $100,000)
You are responsible to insure the replacement value of improvements made to your unit over and above the cost of the original building construction.
Contingency coverage insures your unit itself so that you are protected in the event that your condominium or strata corporation's insurance is insufficient.
This covers deductibles assessed to you by your strata for losses originating from your unit. Check your strata building policy to ensure the limit selected is sufficient (this is often the most costly portion of this insurance coverage)
Enter security code:
 Security code
To confirm you aren't a bot!

North Vancouver

1315 Marine Drive

PH: 604-985-0581
PH: 1-800-229-3590

Mon-Fri: 8:30am - 6pm
Sat: 10am - 4pm
Sun & Holidays: Closed

InsureBC Squamish

850-1200 Hunter Place

PH: 604-892-1033

Mon-Fri: 9am - 6pm
Sat: 10am - 4pm
Sun & Holidays: Closed


234 Reid Street

PH: 250-992-5544

Mon-Fri: 8:30am - 5:30pm
Sat: 9am - 5pm
Sun & Holidays: Closed