Skip to main content
Get A Quote

What is Building Insurance?

Building Insurance is designed to cover commercial building owners.

The standard commercial building policy form used in Canada is the “Commercial Building, Equipment & Stock- Broad Form”
This Form insures the following property on a Broad Form basis but only those items for which an amount of insurance is specified for:

  • STOCK;
  • CONTENTS; and
This form insures property for many perils and includes coverage for losses such as Fire, theft, vandalism, water damage. Some of the standard excluded perils include Earthquake, Flood, Sewer Backup, Equipment Breakdown, Building By-laws. Many of the exluded perils can typically be purchase separately as part of a policy extension.

Building Insurance BC

What does Building Insurance cover?

The main components of a standard Building Insurance policy are:

  • Building(s)
  • Premises Liability
  • Rental Income
  • Equipment Breakdown

Optional Coverage includes:

  • Earthquake
  • Flood
  • Sewer Backup
  • By-Laws
  • Pollution Liability

What are some important factors to consider when insuring by commercial building?

  • Building Replacement Cost
  • Occupancy
  • Fire Protection
  • Proximity to closest body of water
  • Proximity to nearest fault lines

Why should I choose AC&D for my commercial insurance needs?

AC&D represents over 20 standard market insurance companies, has access to over 50 specialty insurance companies, and has coverholder agreements with Lloyd’s. This means we can provide better coverage and rates for your commercial building. We take the time to thoroughly review each situation to evaluate the condition and security of a commercial building. We use our knowledge and experience insuring commercial buildings to ensure you get the coverage to suit your needs at the best price.
Contact our Building Insurance Experts today for a no obligation review of your insurance or Request a Quote.

Complete as much of this form as you like. If you would prefer to have an application sent by email or speak with a qualified broker directly, please complete the contact information only and click the submit button at the bottom of the form.

What date do you require coverage?
Preferred Method of Contact:

If you are unsure of this, and you currently have the building insured, please use the current insured building value here.
Building # of Stories:

Is the building sprinklered:

Is there a hydrant within 300 meters:
Is there a fire hall within 8 kms:
Has insurance ever been denied or canceled:
Do you occupy the building?:
Is the building rented to others?:

Please provide claims details in additional information section - date, description of loss, estimated amount paid.
Please provide claims details in additional information section - date, description of loss, estimated amount paid.
If you want a straight comparison to your current coverage, please upload a copy of your current policy. Feel free to white out premiums, though it is our company policy to provide the best terms available!
Enter security code:
 Security code
To confirm you aren't a bot!

North Vancouver

1315 Marine Drive

PH: 604-985-0581
PH: 1-800-229-3590

Mon-Fri: 8:30am - 6pm
Sat: 10am - 4pm
Sun & Holidays: Closed

InsureBC Squamish

850-1200 Hunter Place

PH: 604-892-1033

Mon-Fri: 9am - 6pm
Sat: 10am - 4pm
Sun & Holidays: Closed


234 Reid Street

PH: 250-992-5544

Mon-Fri: 8:30am - 5:30pm
Sat: 9am - 5pm
Sun & Holidays: Closed