Skip to main content
Get A Quote

What is Rental Property Insurance?

Rental Property Insurance is for landlords renting a house or condominium to a third party. Renting your property can be an excellent source of income, however, it is important that you protect that income by ensuring you have an insurance policy specifically designed to cover rental properties.

While some homeowners policies can provide coverage for renting out a portion of your property, they will usually do so only if the owner also occupies a portion of the property. Should you rent out the entire property, insurers will require a rented property policy. A rental property policy has many coverages that are the same as a standard homeowners policies but also have coverages specifically designed to cover rental exposures.


What does Rental Property Insurance cover?

Rental Insurance can cover different things depending on whether the property is a Detached House or Strata-Condo.
Basic coverages include:

  • Building(s)
  • Landlord Property (contents & equipment)
  • Loss of Rental Income
  • Landlord’s Liability

We offer packages designed specifically for:

Why choose AC&D for my Rented Property Insurance?

Most brokerages offer very limited coverage for rented properties. ac&d represents over 20 standard Insurance Companies and has access to coverages not available through other brokerages.  We have a specialized program for rented properties through our Lloyd’s coverholder agreements. Our belief that choice matters ensures your Rented Property Insurance can be tailored to your needs and budget. Contact Us for a no obligation quote or review of your existing Insurance or Request a Quote.

Get A Quote

Complete as much of this form as you like. If you would prefer to have an application sent by email or speak with a qualified broker directly, please complete the contact information only and click the submit button at the bottom of the form.

Preferred Method of Contact:

If you currently have insurance, please provide current insured limit
Fridges, stoves, washers, dryers, window dressings, etc
Building Sprinklered:
Do you have a mortgage/secured line of credit on the property:
Was your prior policy cancelled for non payment:
Have you ever been cancelled, declined, or refused personal insurance:
Kilometers to the nearest Fire Hall:

Is Fire Hall:

Distance to the closest fire hydrant:

Solid Fuel Burning Stoves or Fireplace Inserts in the home:

Do not count fireplaces, except inserts
Solid Fuel Burning Units are for:

Oil tanks above or underground:

Dog owner:

Live in employees:

Nannies, caretakers etc.
Short-term rentals of property to others:

Exclude basement & attached garage
Basement Type:

Building Construction Type:

Building Construction Quality:

Building Shape:

# of Full Bathrooms:

# of Half Bathrooms:

Garage Type:

Garage # of Cars:

Crawl Space:

Finished Attic:

Room over Garage:

Swimming Pool:

Hot Tub:

Please describe, including sq ft area(s)
Has the home been completely gutted (new plumbing, wiring)?:

Home listed on any Historic Registry:

Wiring Main Panel Amperage:

Wiring Panel Type:

Wiring Updated:

Wiring Material:

if applicable
Plumbing Types:

Plumbing Updated:

if known
Please advise of oldest installed hot water tank or year of on-demand system installation
Primary Heat:

if applicable
Primary heating system serviced annually:

Primary Roof Material:

Reverse slope driveway:

A reverse slope driveway is one that leads downward from a public street to a parking area, such as a below-grade garage.
Cannabis grown at this location:

Does the applicant own any other rental properties:

Is the dwelling for sale:

Is the dwelling for vacant:

Do you take an active role in maintenance and upkeep of dwelling:

Do you use a Property Management Company:

How often do you, or your property manager, inspect the exterior of the dwelling:

How often do you, or your property manager, inspect the interior of the dwelling:

Do all tenants carry contents and liability place:

What type of tenant lease is in place:

Is the dwelling rented to students or unrelated individuals:

Unrelated individuals are roommates, students, etc. A couple living together are considered "related".
Business activities conducted from the unit/dwelling:

Do your tenant operate a business from the premises?
Have additional rental units been added to the structure:

Does the applicant take steps to prevent illegal operations on premise (e.g. marijuana cultivation), such as performing regular interior inspections, checking for unoccupancy, blacked out windows, or asking neighbours to watch premise?:

Please use this area to tell us anything else you feel is important
front & back if available
This will allow us to provide a comparison
Enter security code:
 Security code
Required to prove you're not a bot!

North Vancouver

1315 Marine Drive

PH: 604-985-0581
PH: 1-800-229-3590

Mon-Fri: 8:30am - 6pm
Sat: 10am - 4pm
Sun & Holidays: Closed

InsureBC Squamish

850-1200 Hunter Place

PH: 604-892-1033

Mon-Fri: 9am - 6pm
Sat: 10am - 4pm
Sun & Holidays: Closed


234 Reid Street

PH: 250-992-5544

Mon-Fri: 8:30am - 5:30pm
Sat: 9am - 5pm
Sun & Holidays: Closed