What is Medical Marijuana Home Insurance?
Medical Marijuana Home Insurance is home insurance coverage specifically designed for persons licensed under the Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR or MMAR) to grow cannabis in their home. A Medical Marijuana Home Insurance package is necessary as standard market insurance companies often exclude coverage for damages resulting from these operations or refuse to insure homes where medical cannabis is legally grown. If are the owner of a home where you legally grow cannabis for medical purposes we can provide a comprehensive home insurance package that provides excellent coverage and is also acceptable to your mortgage company or other lender. Our ACMPR Home Insurance Packages are specifically tailored to meet the needs of in-home cultivation facilities.
How do I get a quote for Medical Marijuana Home Insurance?
What types of insurance coverage is available for licensed ACMPR Medical Marijuana home owners?
Our Comprehensive Medical Marijuana Home Insurance package includes the following options:
- Comprehensive Building Insurance
- Guaranteed Building Replacement Cost
- Personal Property
- Additional living expenses
- Water damage and Sewer back-up
- Growing Equipment
What types of Liability Insurance coverage is included with AC&D’s Medical Marijuana Home Insurance package?
The AC&D ACMPR Home Insurance package includes:
- World Wide Personal Liability
- Voluntary Medical & Property Damage Payments
- Commercial General Liability
- Products and Completed Operations
- Sudden & Accidental Pollution
- Incidental Medical Malpractice
- Government instructed recall
What are the requirements AC&D’s ACMPR Home Insurance package?
In order to qualify for AC&D’s Medical Marijuana Home Insurance package, you must be in compliance with all Health Canada Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR). In addition to standard insurance underwriting information and requirements, most insurance companies require the following:
- Satisfactory copy of insured’s Health Canada license.
- Satisfactory electrical inspection.