Building Insurance

What is Building Insurance?

Building Insurance is designed to cover commercial building owners.

The standard commercial building policy form used in Canada is the “Commercial Building, Equipment & Stock- Broad Form”
This Form insures the following property on a Broad Form basis but only those items for which an amount of insurance is specified for: BUILDING; EQUIPMENT; STOCK; CONTENTS; PROPERTY OF EVERY DESCRIPTION. This form insures property for many Perils and includes perils such as Fire, theft, vandalism, water damage. Some of the standard excluded perils include Earthquake, Flood, Sewer Backup, Equipment Breakdown, Building By-laws; all coverage’s which can usually be purchase separately.

Building Insurance BC

Building Insurance BC

What does Building Insurance cover?

The main components of a standard Building Insurance policy are:

  • Building(s)
  • Premises Liability
  • Rental Income
  • Equipment Breakdown

Optional Coverage includes:

  • Earthquake
  • Flood
  • Sewer Backup
  • By-Laws
  • Pollution Liability

What are some important factors to consider when insuring by commercial building?

  • Building Replacement Cost
  • Occupancy
  • Fire Protection
  • Proximity to closest body of water
  • Proximity to nearest fault lines

Why should I choose AC&D for my commercial insurance needs?

AC&D represents over 20 standard market insurance companies, has access to over 50 specialty insurance companies and has coverholder agreements with Lloyd’s. This means we can provide better coverage and rates for your commercial building. We take the time to thoroughly review each situation to evaluate the condition and security of a commercial building. We use our knowledge and experience insuring commercial buildings to ensure you get the coverage to suit your needs at the best price.
Contact our Building Insurance Experts today for a no obligation review of your insurance or Request a Quote.